Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Birthing a Closer Marriage...Caring Behaviors

Today, I need a reminder of the importance of connecting with your partner in small simple ways.

It was one of those days....it started with vomit and ended with me practically throwing my daughter at my husband when he walked through the door. In between....lots of tears...both mine and hers.

Unfortunately, I was not the nicest person to my husband on the phone as I waited out those LONG, ENDLESS hours. I have a bit of making-up to do...

During our P.A.I.R.S. training, we shared with each other ways we could demonstrate our love to each other. I think I need to go through Papa Bear's List of Caring Behaviors and pick out a few for tonight. I think a back-scratch is in order, maybe a nice note and a game of Scrabble that ends with some cuddling.

It's super easy to spend a few minutes with your partner and write down all the different types of Caring Behaviors you appreciate. Think of things you like to hear, activities you like to engage in together, etc...Then, when you have one of those days where you're not your most loving...you have plenty of ideas ways to show your partner how you really do love them.

Some of the Caring Behaviors on my List include: going for daily walks together, going to the Farmers' Market together, a massage without the expectation of giving one in return, coming home to folded laundry, receiving a hand-written note for no reason, taking the Baby out while I go to mediation or yoga or to the gym. Simple things....but they make you feel so good, right?


1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you and Sahil took the class!!! This is a wonderful idea. It sounds like you've had a tumultuous day and I hope practicing Caring Behaviors has quieted you both for the night =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...