Monday, March 5, 2012

Birthing....A New Sofa?????

When I spied this post on Design*Sponge, it ignited an obsession. I am now consumed by the desire.... to paint sofas.

Papa Bear and I moved into our apartment in Old Town Alexandria in August. The previous owner had left behind a grungy white sofa. Our previous sofa was not comfortable enough for my husband and this sofa, while scruffy, was at least relatively comfortable. It also has a pull-out bed, so it stayed.

I took off it's slip-cover and the gross back pillows and that helped. But it was still not enough....so we placed a thin, black duvet cover over the sofa, threw some interesting pillows on the sofa and called it a day.

Now, I think I've stumbled upon a solution. For less than $100, we can have a new leatherish-looking sofa.

We just have to decide...should we paint it black like this sofa....






or this one....






or should we go brown with high gloss?


[022.JPG]



I am so excited about being able to re-purpose an existing piece of furniture with just some interior paint, some texile medium and some elbow grease. Our sofa is about to be reborn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...