Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Books That Kept Me Company During My Pregnancy



Preparing for Childbirth and Motherhood is overwhelming (in many, many different ways). People prepare differently. I like classes. So, I took several classes.

 I am a reader. So, I read. Lots and lots of books.

These books were the most helpful to me…



Wise Woman Herbal: The Childbearing Year by Susun S. Weed

Heading Home with Your Newborn:  From Birth to Reality by Laura A. Jana and Jennifer Shu

Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin

Spiritual Midwifery (Fourth Edition) by Ina May Gaskin

Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers by Nancy Mohrbacher and Kathleen Kendall-Tackett

Birthing From Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation by Pam England and Rob Horowitz

Journey into Motherhood: Writing Your Way to Self-Discovery by Leslie Kirk Campbell



***My internet is down and I’m trying to get ready for Lina’s First Birthday Party on Sunday (you know, the one for now…90 people). Pardon the fact I didn’t provide links to the books. I’ll do that when I have a moment, I promise!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...