Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Month of Celebrating Birth




Welcome to March! It's time to talk about Birthing...no fear...it's not just going to be all about human babies this Month (animal babies will be making an appearance too). I will be sharing ways of birthing... closer partnerships, more meaningful dinner conversations, a healthier you. There will be talk about art and creativity and lots of birthday party discussion. Dandelions will even make an appearance!



For those of you who are new to my blog, here is a little background history on my Monthly Themes...

Over the last decade, most of my time has been spent teaching children. I spent three years at a Friends School and have tremendous amount of respect for Quaker Education. I enjoyed incorporating the Quaker Testimonies "SPICES" into my daily lesson plans (Stewardship, Peace, Integrity, Courage, Equality, Simplicity or Service depending on who is doing the talking).

Each month, the school also had a theme for our Meeting for Worship, which has inspired me to organize my blog around different Monthly Themes.

So far, I have explored....Gratitude in November, Giving in December, Courage in January and Love in February. Here is a list of what the rest of the year is going to look like...

March- The Birthing Month
April- The Simplicity Month
May- The Joy Month
June- The Month of Beauty
July- The Equality Month
Aug- The Service Month
Sept- The Peace Month
Oct- The Month of Letting Go


What has been your favorite month so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...