Thursday, November 10, 2011

Soup Series: Vichyssoise



It is leek and potato season! Time for...vichyssoise. Okay, I know vichyssoise is technically a cold soup but isn't it so fun to say? Vichyssoise was something my grandfather made when I was young. It has always been one of my favorite words to say and it is now one of my favorite soups to make. Here is my ad-lipped, loosey-goosey recipe.

             2 leeks cut up (only the white part)
             2 potatoes (peeled and chopped)
             pat of butter
             thyme
             sea salt
             white wine
             half and half (or heavy cream)

Saute butter and leeks over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add dried thyme. Saute another minute or so. Add an inch or 2 of water. Then potatoes. Add sea salt. Stir. Add more water and then the wine. When potatoes are soft enough to your liking add half and half. Cook until it begins to boil, put it to simmer. Add black pepper. Simmer until you are ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...