Thursday, November 10, 2011

Voting: First Time My Daughter Comes with Me to the Polls!



Tuesday was Election Day. It wasn't a big election. But the one thing I am big on is doing my civic duty and voting. Maybe that's the politics major in me talking.






I remember being itty-bitty and going to the polls with my mother. It was so exciting, even if it was at my church's hall and even if I grew up in a very conservative area (which meant few of the people my mother voted for ever won in local politics). I always looked forward to solemnly going with my mother as she exercised her right to vote.






So, I made sure to take my daughter to the polls on Tuesday. She may be only 7 1/2-months-old but it's important to start good habits early, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...